We take our commitment to our students and graduates extremely seriously and our Terms and Conditions reflect our need to protect both ourselves as a business, and our students who commit their time and money to ensure they get the best possible training.
We aim to be a transparent company, and our Terms and Conditions need to be agreed before any booking is accepted.
Active Health Group Course Booking Terms and Conditions
Active Health Group will henceforth be known as AHG. Student/learner will henceforth be known as the candidate(s).
Terms and Conditions – these are agreed and accepted upon your enrolment. All candidates must abide by the Active Health Group terms and conditions laid out below:
The terms and conditions laid out below form the basis of the contract between Active Health Group and yourself. Please read them carefully as a contract is a legally binding agreement.
This contract is deemed valid by both parties upon agreement of the AHG Terms and Conditions by the candidate and by the acceptance of the enrolment by AHG.
1. The completed enrolment forms contracts you to pay for the course(s) detailed on the enrolment. This applies to both online and posted applications and also to telephone enrolments. This clause applies to all courses, including online courses.
2. Deposits and course fees are non-refundable. You are entitled to request a refund of all monies paid within the first 14 days. This application must be made in writing to our Head Office, 79 Lever Street, Manchester, M1 1FL. We recommend the use of Registered Mail to ensure delivery. If you have accessed the digital/online aspect of the course, you will not be entitled to any refund, even within the 14 days. Failure to cancel within 14 days of enrolment will commit you to pay the course fees.
3. If instalment payments are required, this must be requested at the time of booking. All instalments must be made by Direct Debit, Bank Standing Order or Continuous Credit/Debit Card payment, and are collected on the 1st of each month. If you do not complete and return the GoCardless Direct Debit or Payment Mandates within 7 days of enrolment, you will not be able to pay by instalments and full payment will be required. Courses can also be paid for in cash or credit/debit card or bank transfer. For courses with practical training dates included the following will apply: Courses must be paid for in full prior to starting the practical training, unless instalment payments have been requested at the time of enrolment. All payments must be completed at least 4 weeks prior to completing the practical training where the course runs over a specified duration. Candidates have the option of full payment upon enrolment, or payment of a deposit and then monthly instalments, commencing 4 weeks after deposit payment. AHG reserves the right to refuse instalment payment and request payment in full for any training course. It is the candidate's responsibility to ensure that all payments are made.
4. In the event that you cannot attend the practical training dates booked, Active Health Group will endeavour to book you on to an alternative course date. Such alterations must be made in writing to our Head Office, giving at least 28 days notice prior to the agreed course start date. Active Health Group reserves the right to charge a course fee surcharge of 50% of the new course fee. This is due to the loss of earning from the cancelled space, and also from the alternative course dates. In the event that the space cancelled was booked at a special offer rate, we cannot guarantee that the special offer will be available on the new dates, In this instance, the full fee will become payable. In the event that any alternative dates need to be changed by AHG, we are not responsible for refunds of any expenses such as travel/hotels incurred by the candidate.
5. If you fail to attend the booked practical training dates, without notification, you will still be charged for the full cost of the course.
6. Active Health Group reserves the right to refuse any application.
7. Active Health Group reserves the right to alter and amend any aspect of our courses, at any time, without notice, this includes, and not limited to, course fees, modules, tutors, course texts and awarding body.
8. Active Health Group reserves the right to cancel a course after acceptance of an application for enrolment. In this event, we will reimburse, in full, any course fees paid. Please note that Active Health Group's liability will be limited to the value of the course fees paid. We would recommend that travel insurance is taken out to cover the travel and accommodation during the duration of the practical training dates.
9. Active Health Group reserve the right to cancel any student's practical training without notice, in the event of abusive, aggressive or discriminatory behaviour towards any member of Active Health Group staff, students or visitors. No refund of course fees will be given. The list is not an exhaustive one, but includes: foul and abusive language, racist, sexist or homophobic remarks, failure to participate in practical sessions, behaviour that results in the class being disrupted, or teaching being interrupted, derogatory or defamatory comments, either verbal or written, insulting behaviour, either verbal or written, using mobile phone during lessons. This extends to any of the above activities which create additional administrative workload to deal with. AHG reserves the right to seek compensation for any fees, legal or otherwise, incurred whilst dealing with behaviour or activities mentioned in this section.
10. Active Health Group reserves the right to change the training venue, without notice, in the event of the original venue being unavailable, unsuitable, or for any other reason. We will endeavor to use an alternative venue in the same city.
11. Candidates must attend 100% of the practical training dates as required. Candidates missing any training days or modules will be required to attend alternative dates at a cost of £100 per day. Any candidate not able to attend booked training dates will have alternative dates offered, at a cost of £100 per day. Alternative dates are subject to space. Where space is not available or the candidate cannot attend the alternative dates, private tuition from an AHG tutor will be available at a cost of £300 per day or part thereof.
12. Any candidate not reaching the required standard will be allowed to re-sit any written examinations and practical assessments at a later date. Candidates that successfully complete the training programme, will be issued with the relevant certification. If the required amount of hours of case studies are achieved by the end of the practical training, and portfolio completed, the work will be Internally Verified and Assessed. Certification is issued three times per year, details will be given to you on induction. Certification will not be issued if the course fees have not been paid for in full or the portfolio not completed by this time. If you have any externally awarded qualifications linked to your course this will only be issued upon successful examination and assessment by the Awarding Organisation examiners. The timescale for the issuing of external awards is wholly dependent on the Awarding Organisation. AHG has no control over the issuing of external certification. Candidates, who do not complete the training programme to the standard required, will be offered the chance to re-attend the modules, which need improvement, to reach the required standard. A charge of £100 per extra days training will be made. Candidates who opt not to return will not be awarded any certification. There will be no refund of course fees. Alternative dates are subject to availability. Should we not have availability, the candidate has the option of attending private tuition with an AHG tutor at a cost of £300 per day or part thereof. If you do not pass the initial final assessment, a fee of £150 will be charged for the first re-sit and £250 for the second re-sit. If you do not successfully pass the second re-sit, there will be no further option to re-sit. There will be no refund of course fees.
13. Candidates can provide their own models for use on the practical training; otherwise, candidates will practice on each other. We occasionally provide models for candidates to practice on. Candidates will be required to supply a model for their final practical assessment
14. Upon successful completion of the booked training course, the certification will be issued, with the following conditions; all home study coursework is completed, required hours case studies to industry-standard have been completed and full payment for the course has been made. Certification is issued on three dates per year. All externally awarded qualifications will be subject to Awarding Body criteria for the issue, which includes internal and external verification, completion of theory exam papers, portfolio and case studies. Certification is subject to internal verification, only when all home study and case studies have been received. All timescales are based on receipt of the full portfolio of evidence as above and will commence when all the criteria are met.
15. All Level 3 and Level 4 training courses must be completed within 12 months of enrolment. All Level 5 training courses must be completed within 24 months of enrolment. Extensions to this timescale will be charged at the following: Level 3 courses, £50 per month; Level 4 & 5 courses, £100 per month. Level 6 courses must be completed within 48 months of enrolment. Course extension fee for Level 6 is £150 per month. Course extensions are at the discretion of AHG.
16. Candidates will be registered onto AHG Google Classroom or AHG Online Academy depending on which programme is booked. Handouts and course information including assignments are stored on the sites. All candidates must log in to their site, to access their course documentation.
17. Replacement AHG certificates will be charged at £35 each. Replacement externally awarded certificates are charged separately by the Awarding Organisation. Replacement certificates are only available within 3 years of certification and may be subject to verification.
18. From time to time during the practical training, the use of photographic and video equipment will be in use. AHG reserves the right to use any photographs or videos obtained during the practical training for use in promotional or marketing materials, for publicity or educational purposes. Any candidate wishing to take photographs or videos can do so with the permission of the course tutor. Videos or photographs of a training session or demonstration taken by a candidate will be subject to AHG copyright and may not be used for any other purpose other than as a study aid. The candidate is prohibited from using the photographs or videos on any website, such as social networking, Youtube or any other website, or any publication either online or printed. AHG reserves the right to take video or voice recording evidence of any training, assessment or feedback session.
19. All AHG courses, course materials, websites, and other related information are subject to strict international copyright. Any use of AHG course materials and information, without prior permission from AHG, is forbidden. AHG will actively enforce its intellectual property rights to the fullest extent of the law, including the seeking of criminal prosecution.
20. Any learner who misses all or part of their booked training dates due to accident, injury or illness that prevents them from continuing, can, on submission of a medical report, and at the discretion of AHG, have their training dates transferred to alternative course dates, subject to availability, and where the alternative course dates are of lesser or equal value to their original booked dates. Where the fees for the alternative dates are greater than those originally paid, the balance will be payable. The medical report must specify why the candidate cannot attend practical training. Any fees incurred by AHG in confirming any aspect of this clause will be borne by the candidate. Transfer of courses is at the discretion of AHG.
21. Practical courses are intensive and require hard work and dedication, including a considerable amount of out-of-class homework and practice. Please arrive for 9.45 for a 10am start and the day usually finishes at 5pm unless otherwise arranged in the practical sessions. Session times are agreed on the induction day. If teaching finishes before 5pm, candidates are advised to use the remaining time for practice.
22. On our practical training courses, The Candidates are under continuous assessment from the start of the course, until completion. Assessment includes mental attitude, dress, and personal hygiene, besides work, under-pinning knowledge and performance. This also includes dealing with administrative staff. No jewellery or wrist watches to be worn during the practical training, long hair to be tied back, nails trimmed. Loose clothing and comfortable footwear to be worn, which should be of smart appearance. Please do not wear jeans. Candidates will be practicing on each other; shorts and t-shirts should be brought to the practical training sessions.
23. Written assessments will be carried out at regular intervals during the practical training. Smart sportswear, i.e. track-suit pants, and a polo shirt should be worn for all assessments. The examiners reserve the right to refuse to examine any candidate unsuitably dressed. This will be classed as a fail/refer.
24. The Candidates are expected to achieve the required amount of hours of case studies before the AHG qualification can be awarded. Fellow students can be used to achieve part of these hours. All homework and assignments should be completed on time.
25. At the end of the course, a completed portfolio must be handed in for assessment before any certification can be issued. Portfolios must be collected within one month of certification. We can post it out at a cost of £30. Any uncollected/unclaimed portfolios will be securely destroyed. We strongly recommend you take a copy of your portfolio in the unfortunate event that it is lost or damaged, as AHG cannot be held responsible for loss or damage.
26. AHG reserves the right to amend these terms and conditions and training contract at any time but this right shall not affect the existing Terms and Conditions accepted by the candidate upon enrolment. Any renewal of the Services will be subject to the Supplier's then-current Terms and Conditions. These Terms and Conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the law of England and the parties hereby submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.