BOOKING TERMS & CONDITIONS
We take our commitment to our students, graduates and the industry, extremely seriously and our Terms and Conditions reflect our need to protect both ourselves as a business, and our students who commit their time and money to ensure they get the best possible training.
We aim to be a transparent company, and our Terms and Conditions need to be agreed before any booking is accepted.
Terms and Conditions – these are agreed and accepted upon your enrolment.
All candidates must abide by the Active Health Group terms and conditions laid out below:
The terms and conditions laid out below form the basis of the contract between Active Health Group and yourself. Please read them carefully as a contract is a legally binding agreement.
1. The completed enrolment forms contract you to pay for the course(s) detailed on the enrolment. This applies to both on-line and posted applications and also to telephone enrolments. Your legal rights under the Consumer Contracts Regulations (2013) are unaffected. This clause applies to all courses, with or without confirmed dates.
2. Deposits and course fees are non-refundable. You are entitled to request a refund of all monies paid within the first 14 days of enrolment under the Consumer Contracts Regulations 2013. This application must be made in writing, using registered delivery to our Head Office, 79 Lever Street, Manchester, M1 1FL. Any course materials must be returned in unused condition, at the applicant's expense. Any used course materials will be deducted from the refund. Failure to cancel within 14 days of enrolment will commit you to pay the course fees. Should any candidate access the digital downloadable materials on the Google Classroom page, within the first 14 days, they will waive their rights to the cancellation agreement.
3. If instalment payments are required, this must be requested at the time of booking. All instalments must be made by direct debit, standing order, or continuous credit card payment, and are collected monthly. Should any payment not be received on time, we reserve the right to charge a £10 administration fee.
4. For courses with practical training dates included the following will apply: Courses must be paid for at least 4 weeks prior to starting the practical training, unless instalment payments have been requested at the time of enrolment. All payments must be completed at least 4 weeks prior to completing the practical training. One and two-day workshops must be paid for in full at the time of enrolment. It is the candidates responsibility to ensure that all payments are made.
5. For online or distance courses, these can be paid for with an initial deposit, and a maximum of 4 consecutive monthly instalments via bank standing order, or continuous credit card payment. If you cancel the payment before the course is paid in full, the remaining balance will become immediately due.
6. In the event that you cannot attend the practical training dates booked, Active Health Group will endeavour to book you on an alternative course. Such alterations must be made in writing to our Head Office, giving at least 28 days notice prior to the agreed course start date. Active Health Group reserves the right to charge a course fee surcharge. This is due to loss of earning from the cancelled space, and also from the alternative course dates. In the event that the space cancelled was booked at a special offer rate, we cannot guarantee that the special offer will be available on the new dates, In this instance, the full fee will become payable. The charging of the surcharge is at the discretion of Active Health Group. If you fail to attend the booked practical training dates, without notification, you will still be charged for the full cost of the course or workshop.
7. Active Health Group reserves the right to refuse any application.
8. Active Health Group reserves the right to alter and amend any aspect of our courses, at any time, without notice, this includes, and not limited to, course fees, modules, tutors, course texts and awarding body.
9. Active Health Group reserves the right to cancel a course after acceptance of application for enrolment. In this event we will reimburse, in full, any course fees paid. Please note that Active Health Group's liability will be limited to the value of the course fees paid. We would recommend that travel insurance is taken out to cover the travel and accommodation during the duration of the practical training dates.
10. Active Health Group reserves the right to cancel any student's practical training without notice, in the event of abusive, aggressive or discriminatory behaviour towards any member of Active Health Group staff, students or visitors. No refund of course fees will be given. The list is not an exhaustive one, but includes: foul and abusive language, racist, sexist or homophobic remarks, failure to participate in practical sessions, behaviour that results in the class being disrupted, or teaching being interrupted, derogatory or defamatory comments, either verbal or written, insulting behaviour, either verbal or written. This extends to any of the above activities which create additional administrative workload to deal with. AHG reserves the right to seek compensation for any fees, legal or otherwise, incurred whilst dealing with behaviour or activities mentioned in this section.
11. This course contract is agreed to at the time of enrolment.
12. Split dates, on the weekday courses are available if confirmed at the time of initial application, a 50% surcharge may be added. The surcharge is due to loss of revenue from additional courses where a space has been utilised.
13. Active Health Group reserves the right to change the training venue, without notice, in the event of the original venue being unavailable, unsuitable, or for any other reason.
14. Candidates must attend 100% of the practical training dates as required. Candidates missing any training days will be required to attend alternative dates at a cost of £100 per day. Any candidate not able to attend booked training dates will have alternative dates offered, at a cost of £100 per day. The charging of this fee is at the discretion of the AHG Training Director.
15. Any candidate not reaching the required standard will be allowed to re-sit any written examinations and practical assessments at a later date. The first re -sit will be free of charge. Subsequent re-sit will be charged at £150, up to a maximum of two re-sits.
16. Upon successful completion of the booked training course, an appropriate internally issued qualification will be issued, with the following conditions; all home study coursework is completed, required hours case studies to industry standard have been completed and full payment for the course has been made. Certification is issued on three dates per year. All externally awarded qualifications will be subject to Awarding Body criteria for issue, which includes internal and external verification, completion of theory exam papers, portfolio and case studies. Certification is subject to internal verification, only when all home study and case studies have been received. All timescales are based on receipt of full portfolio of evidence as above, and will commence when all the criteria has been met.
17. All Level 2, 3 and 4 training courses must be completed within 12 months of enrolment. Combined Level 2 & 3; 3 & 4; or 4 & 5 courses must be completed within 18 months of enrolment. All Level 5 training courses must be completed within 24 months of enrolment. Extensions to this timescale will be charged at the following: Level 2 & 3 courses, £50 per month; Level 4 & 5 courses, £100 per month. Levels 6 courses must be completed within 48 months of enrolment. Extensions to Level 6 will be charged at £100 per month.
18. Candidates must log onto their Online Course Platform page if allocated, on a regular basis to check for any updates and important information. This is the responsibility of the candidate and AHG accepts no responsibility for any candidate not checking updates.
19. Replacement AHG certificates will be charged at £30 each. Replacement externally awarded certificates are charged separately by the Awarding Organisation.
20. From time to time during the practical training, the use of photographic and video equipment will be in use. AHG reserves the right to use any photographs or videos obtained during the practical training for use in promotional or marketing materials, for publicity or educational purposes. Agreeing to these terms and conditions confers all rights of any photographic or video images to AHG. Any students wishing to take photographs or videos, can do so with the permission of the course tutor. Any images taken by students cannot be used on public forums, social media sites or printed materials without the express permission of the Training Director.
21. All AHG courses are subject to strict international copyright. Any use of AHG course materials and information, without prior permission from AHG is forbidden. AHG will aggressively enforce its intellectual property rights to the fullest extent of the law, including the seeking of criminal prosecution. This included photographic or video images taken during the training course.
22. Do not attend class if you have any systemic bacterial or viral infections, including but not limited to colds, flu, respiratory chest infections. If you have localised bacterial or viral infections, these need to be covered up completely. These include but not limited to, cold sores, conjunctivitis, athletes foot, verrucas. Any student that shows signs and symptoms of any bacterial or viral infections or illness will be asked to leave the training session.
Addition to Active Health Group Terms & Conditions due to the (Covid-19) Coronavirus Pandemic.
Due to the nature of the Coronavirus Pandemic, and the close proximity of people undertaking therapy training, and the touch/contact involved we have added the following to our Terms and Conditions, with effect from 13/03/2020 until such a time that the government says the issue is over.
We take the health & safety of our tutors and students extremely seriously and are taking every step to ensure the training centre is sanitised regularly to minimise any risks. Our tutors have been informed they are not to attend the training centre if they have any symptoms or have been advised to self-isolate.
We require all our students to do the same. If you have any symptoms, or have been advised to self-isolate, please contact us at your earliest convenience so that we can plan for your return
We reserve the right to postpone a training day/course/workshop under the following circumstances:
● 1. 50% or more of a student cohort/group cannot attend the booked training due to illness/self-isolating.
● 2. 50% or more of AHG tutors cannot attend their booked training dates due to illness/self-isolating.
● 3. The government changes its advice on gatherings/self-isolation/lockdown/restrictions
● 4. Any students who attend classes demonstrate any symptoms. In this case, we will cease lessons immediately and postpone the class.
If you are unable to attend any class for Covid related issues, we will waive any transfer fees if you have given us advanced notice. Failure to show up to class will require a medical certificate or you will be liable to fees as in clause 14 and 17.
If we are required to postpone any lessons/courses, we will do our best to keep to the original schedule upon return, and may need to extend the course until after the expected completion date. If it is a stand-alone workshop, we will find alternative dates. In all cases, this will be once we have been advised that it is safe to do so.
We have also been advised that some of our awarding and accrediting bodies are not undertaking any exam/assessment visits, so these may also have to be postponed.
Please note, we are unable to refund any travel expenses or hotel fees in the event that we have to postpone training dates. Our usual refund terms apply.
We are taking advice on a daily basis, and we will contact you as soon as we can to inform you of any changes to the schedule, and we hope that it will not be necessary to postpone anything.
Please remember to take extra hygiene measures when you are in class, we have santisers in plentiful supply for use in the centre, if in doubt please speak to your tutor.
For more details on the Coronavirus please see the following sites:
Please remember, if you show any symptoms or have come into contact with anyone who has symptoms or diagnosed with Coronavirus, please contact us and do not attend class.
This situation is unprecedented in our generation, and we appreciate your support at this time. Whilst we have risk assessments for contagious illnesses, this is another level, and we are doing everything possible to minimise any disruptions.
These terms and conditions are agreed to upon enrolment as per your application form.