Level 4 Soft Tissue Therapy & Sports Massage
About & Content
The main aim of the Level 4 Diploma in Soft Tissue Therapy & Sports Massage is to enable Learners to gain the necessary practical skills and knowledge to provide Sports Massage Therapy to the general public, gain employment within the sport and fitness industry and to enrich Practitioners’ understanding of advanced anatomical, physiological and pathological principles relevant to the application of Sports Massage. It includes roles such as restorative and corrective massage using a range of basic and advanced techniques. Practitioners will also learn how to plan and evaluate Sports Massage treatments to inform the provision of future treatments.
Why Choose the AHG Level 4 Programme?
This course is the most comprehensive Level 4 programme in the UK. Guaranteed! As well as covering Sports Massage techniques we teach practitioner level soft tissue techniques….we don’t just talk about them! Included in the Level 4 programme is Myofascial Release and Postural Realignment, in which AHG is the market leader. We also include advanced clinical assessment skills to allow you to make better judgments on whether to treat or refer your clients, something that is crucial to limit the risk of malpractice complaints. We also add an accredited Sports First Aid qualification to make this course even more valuable when seeking employment or opportunities.
The main skills you will learn to perform are:
- – Conducting Subjective and Objective Assessment – to include identifying bony structures associated with major joints, identifying soft tissue structures located at the major joints, joint end feels, predispositions to injury and dysfunctions, factors that influence recovery from injury, treatment planning, postural types and deviations, pathophysiology of common injuries, methods and purpose of a range of objective assessment techniques and carrying out Subjective and Objective Assessments.
- – Treatment Modalities to Support Soft Tissue Repair – to include the aims of treatment and treatment options during acute, sub-acute and chronic stages of injury, treatment protocol, use of and adverse reactions to cryotherapy and thermotherapy.
- – Sports Massage Techniques to Prevent and Manage Injury – to include a range of soft tissue techniques, protocols to follow for each technique, evaluating the effects of each technique, preparing clients, monitoring tissue response throughout treatments, adapting the techniques and treatment plan to meet the needs of each client, adapting own posture throughout the application to ensure safe and effective application and presenting aftercare advice to the client You will also learn about client care and communication and health, safety, and hygiene which is essential to work and be successful in the industry.
It also provides:
- – the related knowledge and understanding required to perform the Sports Massage Therapy listed above effectively, in particular, advanced knowledge of anatomy, physiology and pathologies of the body that may influence the massage methods used to prevent and manage the injury.
- – opportunities for Learners to focus on the development of their wider skills in a Sports Massage setting such as communicating with clients, working with others and problem-solving opportunities for Learners to develop a range of skills, techniques, personal qualities and attitudes essential for successful performance in employment as a Sports Massage Therapist.
- – additional skills of Myofascial Release; Muscle Energy Techniques; Proprioceptive Neuromuscular Facilitation; Peripheral Joint Mobilisations; Soft Tissue Release; Soft Tissue Mobilisations; Tigger Point Therapy.
- – Sports First Aid certificate which is valid for 3 years (a separate Protrainings Certificate will be issued).
19 days, plus home study, plus 100 hours of external case studies, plus 30 hours of supervised case studies during your practical training dates.
ITEC Level 4 Certificate in Sports Massage Therapy
AHG Level 4 Diploma in Soft Tissue Therapy
Protrainings Sports First Aid Certificate (valid for 3 years)
Cost & Date
Includes ITEC registration, examination and certification fees*
Full Price – £2195.00 (Interest free instalment payments available).
Pay in full in time of enrollment – £1975.00 (10% discount for full payment)
To book, please click on the required date below e.g. 4SM2 (it will take you to our booking site).
*when exams are taken at Active Health Group.
All students are required to undertake a 2 day induction that forms part of your course. Please choose one of the induction dates e.g. ISM2 and add them onto your registration form.
ISM1: 20th/21st January
ISM2: 1st/2nd February
ISM3: 3rd/4th February
ISM4: 17th/18th February
ISM5: 3rd/4th March