Sports Trauma Management
About & Aims
This 2-day course is suitable for anyone working with high-impact sports or activities, such as in Rugby, Gymnastics, Equine or Martial Arts. It will give you the skills needed to manage a traumatic sports injury. reatment of head injuries, spinal injuries and include the roles and responsibilities working at a sporting event. We also include the use of AED defibrillators which are widely available at sporting clubs and events.
This course provides you with specific skills to managing sports trauma and builds on skills learned in the Sports First Aid course. You will learn vital assessment and treatment skills for the effective management of traumatic sports injuries. This course is very practical using hands-on teaching methods to make the course as enjoyable and as informative as possible.
The sports trauma course is specifically designed for people involved in sport, namely Sports Therapists, Sports Massage Therapists and Physiotherapists, and also students of these disciplines. It is recommended that you have a basic knowledge of First Aid prior to attendance on this course as it does assume basic knowledge.
- Resuscitation – Cardio Pulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) and Automated External Defibrillation (AED)
- Airway management – Anaphylaxis, chest injury, ventilation using airway and breathing adjuncts, intubation, bag valve mask ventilation, oxygen therapy, portable suction devices
- Head injury management – Concussion, head trauma, and unconsciousness
- Fracture management – Injury assessment and splinting devices
- Spinal injury management – Spinal injury assessment, cervical immobilization, collar application, spinal boards/scoop
- Catastrophic Bleeding – the use of tourniquets and hemostatic dressings
- Medical Gasses – Oxygen Therapy
- Injury assessment – Structured assessment, soft tissue injuries and patient clinical records
You will receive the following qualifications:
- A Sports Trauma Management certificate (valid for 3 years)
- A Certificate in CPR and Automated External Defibrillation (annual refresher course highly recommended)
Cost & Date
Dates 2017 (2 days)
To book, please click on the required date below (it will take you to our booking site).
STM3 – 20th/21st November